Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

OUCH!... and I'm a chatter box!

OMG! I hurt my back somehow and spent most of yesterday in terrible pain. Saturday or Sunday we were out in the yard, Rusty was mowing and I was just sort of doing nothing, cause I'm lazy like that. The grass was getting pretty tall and the weeds were really obvious, so I decided to pull the biggest ones before they got mowed down. Since my knees are all kinds of jacked up and I'm a fat girl, I don't squat, can't squat actually. So, I just bent from the waist and pulled some weeds, maybe 5 or 6. No big deal I thought. Monday morning I got up for work, feeling fine, got ready and drove to work. When I got out of the car at work, OMG! PAIN in the lower back something terrible! I was barely able to walk in to my office. I found that sitting at my desk was okay, it didn't really hurt at all, just a twinge every now and then.
I had one muscle relaxer and took it and went to bed around 9pm. I did not sleep good. I tossed and turned, each time in great pain and it was just all around a terrible night. Yesterday morning I wake up and felt even worse, so I just stayed home. I did the hot/cold thing on the lower back and stretched my back on my yoga ball. By the end of the day it was feeling much better and this morning when I woke up it was okay. It was not completely pain free but I could walk upright and be fairly relaxed instead of hunching over like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

Alright, I got ready and went to work this morning. I should have known riding in the car would be no good. When I got to work, here it goes all over again. Now, here I sit at work, every time I have to get up from my desk it starts all over again. I am thinking I might go upstairs to the physical rehab area and see if they will let me do my stretches on one of their yoga balls. The only problem with this idea is I need my badge and guess where it is? In the car. So I would have to walk all the way to the car and then all the way back in and then up to rehab. Is it worth it? I'm not sure.

I was able to work from home yesterday but Rusty was feeling bad so he was in bed all day which means I had no one to talk to all day. So now I come to work and want to talk. I mean just talk and laugh and be social, not really talk about work. My mom (who is a coworker) keeps looking at me and making the universal 'close your lips sign', you know, like this:

         

So, I decided to come here and blab a while. It's going good so far huh! Anyway, I guess I better zip it and get back to work. It took forever to get those pictures taken and uploaded, so I guess I have goofed off enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment