Search This Blog

Friday, April 25, 2014

Driving a three ring circus

Lately my career choice has been driving a school bus. It's not glamorous but it pays the bills. Well, it pays some of the bills anyway. I have decided that driving a school bus with middle school students on it is much the same as a three ring circus. Only this circus is in motion and moving while the show is being performed. 

I mean, seriously, you have clowns - the kid who thinks he is so funny and charming that he can just smile and joke his way out of having to sit where I tell him or bring his arms and head in from the window. Then there are the acrobats who like to jump over the seats and swing over the front sent down into the stairwell when exiting. Oh and open the rear emergency door and get out whenever they feel like it! One acrobat even tried to climb out the window to continue the fight she was having with a boy who had already gotten off the bus but was taunting her from outside the bus. 

Ok, that's about as far as I can take the circus analogy. 

I can tell you that I drive the worlds largest invisible vehicle. It's big and it's yellow but I swear it must be invisible. The way other drivers behave around a school bus is insane. They must think I can stop on a dime and see all sides of the bus. Guess what folks. I can't! People, you need to wake up and realize that I am carrying precious cargo on that vehicle. Yes, they may irritate the life out of me and I want to run them over when they cross the road. But that doesn't change the fact that these are someones kids and those parents cherish them the same as you cherish yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment